How to build a sales funnel for internet marketing purposes is one of my favourite topics! Sales funnel design is where the real fun stuff happens!
In this article I will go through the step by step basics of what makes up the internet marketing sales funnel.
The real power behind building a sales funnel is that it helps you to recoup your paid advertising costs straight away so that you can scale that part of the business.
Many people will make the mistake of placing one ad and then thinking that it did not work because they did not make any significant profits. But if you simply break even on your paid advertising costs then you have found a “winner” that you can really scale out.
Because if your sales funnel gives you your paid advertising back then you are essentially building an email list and getting leads for free. This is such as powerful thing because you can just get a huge stream of leads arriving for your business on a daily basis.
Internet Marketing Sales Funnel
OK, so here is my basic sales funnel design for internet marketing purposes:
Drive Traffic to:
Squeeze Page (offering a free download) > Low Cost One Time Offer ($7 to $27)
> (if yes) Upsell ($17 to $97)
> (if no) Downsell ($17 to $5)
People who leave squeeze page: Exit-Pop to a different paid offer
Buyers Download Page: Monetized with affiliate banners
Free Gift Download Page: Monetized with affiliate banners
Follow Up Email Sequence: Promote higher ticket products and affiliate offers
Here is the basic summary of the process in words:
• Someone will arrive at your lead capture page (squeeze page) and give you there email address in exchange for a free gift (like I have done with this report)
• On the next page they will be presented with a low cost One Time Offer that is closely related to the subject of the squeeze page
• If they say no they will be presented with a downsell. This is essentially the same product at a much lower price but with some parts of it removed (the bonuses, the resell rights etc.)
• If they say yes to the One Time Offer then they are presented with an upsell. This upsell is a higher price and includes many more related products that compliment and enhance the value of the initial one time offer.
• On the download page for the product include affiliate banners for related products for some extra money on the back end.
• Now you should have made some good sales from that and we have not even sent the subscriber their free gift yet!
• Don’t just email people the free gift, but email them the link to a download page. And then include affiliate banners (or banners for products that you own) on that download page as well.
• You can also monetize people who don’t enter in their email address in on the squeeze page. Have an exit pop (I use Exit Splash Software for this) that will take people to a low cost paid offer that is something completely different to what the subject of the squeeze page is. You might get a few sales that way to recoup your advertising costs.
If you spend $400 on a 1,000 click solo ad and make $400 on the same day that the traffic comes in, then you have just added 1,000 subscribers to your email list for FREE.
Most people don’t realise the power of that.
Conversions or big profits on the front end are not important. If you can simply break even then you are in business (big time)!
You can now take that $400 and buy another 1,000 click solo ad and another and another and just flood your sales funnel with as much leads as you need because you know that you will have instant cash flow coming back because of your sales funnel.
Now, the BIG money is made on the back-end of your sales funnel where you promote higher ticket items as well as monetize with other affiliate offers.
When you have a sales funnel in place that works then you will have a good idea of your numbers and will know that for every 100 or so leads that you get that they will be worth say $1,000 to you.
And then you have the formula to making $1K Per Day…